Among the various Microsoft certifications, AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator is one of the most promising certifications. As more and more companies adopt cloud computing and leverage Microsoft Azure for their business needs, the demand for this certification is also rising.
The AZ-104 certification validates the skills and knowledge required to maintain and manage Azure resources, including storage, networking, and virtual machines. If you want to learn more about AZ-104 and what to expect in the future, you are in the right place. In this blog, we have discussed that and more.
About Microsoft Azure Administrator certification
Before beginning with the future trends of the AZ-104 exam, let us understand what the certification is about. Microsoft Azure Administrator certification validates your knowledge in managing and monitoring the Microsoft Azure environment for an organization. Here are all of its details.
- Must be familiar with operating systems, servers, virtualization, and networking.
- Must have experience with Azure CLI, Azure Active Directory, Azure Resource Manager templates, Azure Portal, and PowerShell.
- Managing Azure identities and governance – 15–20%
- Implementing and managing storage – 15–20%
- Deploying and managing Azure compute resources – 20–25%
- Configuring and managing virtual networking – 20-25%
- Monitoring and maintaining Azure resources – 10–15%
Read More: Step by Step Guide to Prepare & Pass AZ-104 Exam
Who is this exam for?
This certification is ideal for people looking to work with Azure. It is also beneficial for people looking to validate their skills with a professional certification.
The exam will contain 40-60 questions. The questions will be in multiple-choice, case studies, or drag-and-drop format.
The exam will last for 150 minutes.
The registration fee for this exam is USD 165. In India, it is 4800 INR.
The passing score is 700 out of 1000.
Preparing for AZ-104 exam
Now that you know about the certification and the future trends, let us discuss how you can prepare for it. AZ-104 is an associate-level certification. Therefore, it can be challenging to pass it. However, these tips can make it easier for you to prepare for the exam.
- Make a study plan. Take a look at the course overview, plan how much time you need to finish studying, and how much time you can devote daily.
- Take Microsoft Learn courses. These contain all the skills you will be tested upon during the exam.
- Make a free trial account with Azure to prepare for the exam. Getting practical experience will be beneficial in the long term.
- Consider taking Microsoft certification courses. These courses cover all the important concepts that may appear in the exam and help you prepare for it.
- Take the instructor-led guidance for AZ-104 certification training.
- Read the official study material provided by Microsoft. Also, go through books and ebooks.
- Solidify your preparation by taking a practice test. Revise your syllabus based on the result of the practice test.
Why become a Microsoft-certified Azure administrator?
Here is why you should get this certification:
- Azure administrators are in high demand currently due to the rise in the adoption rate of Azure. More than ever, organizations today need certified Azure administrators.
- Certifications significantly improve your chances of finding better opportunities and getting hired.
- Many surveys have found that people with certification have earned a promotion and gotten a better salary.
AZ-104 job trends
The demand for Azure skills and certifications is on the rise as the number of companies adopting Azure increases. In particular, the demand for cloud computing skills has also been rising over the past few years, as more companies have shifted to cloud-based services. The job trends for AZ-104 certification will most likely remain strong in the future due to this reason.
With the ongoing digital transformation of businesses and the rising need for cloud-based services, the demand for skilled Azure administrators is also expected to continue rising. Job roles that require this certification include Azure administrators, DevOps engineers, cloud infrastructure engineers, and cloud solution architects. These roles involve managing and maintaining Azure resources, monitoring performance, and ensuring the security and compliance of cloud-based systems.
For example, an Azure administrator deploys, administers, and manages Azure solutions. This includes managing storage, virtual networks, governance, computing, and identity in a cloud environment. To do their jobs successfully, Azure administrators have to pass the AZ-104 exam.
If you are new to Azure, consider taking a beginner-level certification, such as AZ 900, to develop the foundational skills.
The usage of Azure has been steadily rising over the last few years. It currently holds the second-highest share in the cloud services market, right behind AWS. The growth is expected to continue in the coming years, driving demands for Azure skilled and certified professionals. Likely, new job opportunities for AZ-104-certified professionals will also be created due to the rising adoption of Azure.
Therefore, it is the best time to add Microsoft certifications to your resume. If you do not know where to begin, you can start with the AZ 900 certification and then move on to intermediate and advanced-level certifications.