This blog is for you if you want to make your special day more delightful with a homemade red velvet cake. Suppose you want a stunning red cake for Valentine’s Day or just need a show-stopping cake for your birthday, holidays, or any other occasion; you can simply order birthday cake online. Or you can bake one yourself.
Red velvet cake is unique in color, flavor, and fragrance. Also, it has a great history of origin; in the time of the great depression, with the popularization of red food coloring, red velvet became a popular dessert in the Southern United States.
Making red velvet is definitely worth the effort to make from scratch as its far superior to any box mix. So follow this recipe and bake a cake on your special day with your partner.
Required Ingredients for Baking Red Velvet Cake:
- Powdered Sugar
You need to use powdered sugar because it will dissolve quickly into the cream cheese frosting and make the cake creamy and sweet.
It would be best if you bought unsalted butter because that way you can control the amount of salt on the cake. Additionally, you need to keep the butter at room temperature to make it more accessible to cream.
- Cream Cheese
You need to be careful choosing cream cheese; you need to make sure that you are buying a fat block of cream cheese. Don’t buy the cream cheese sold in a tub. Ensure you are purchasing the best quality cream cheese
This ingredient will add a tangy flavor and moisture to the cake. Also, the buttermilk helps to activate the baking soda so that the cake can rise and have its light and fluffy crumbs. Additionally, the buttermilk also reacts with cocoa powder and turns it red.
- Baking Soda
You don’t want to add expired ingredients to your cake. So it would help if you made sure that you checked the expiry date while buying baking soda.
You can use any regular eggs from the store.
Any standard vanilla would do for the cake.
PAcked salt will be needed in the process.
- Red Food Coloring
It will help the cake to gain its authentic red color.
Vinegar helps to react with the baking soda and brings out the red tones in the cocoa powder like the buttermilk.
No exceptional conditions in choosing flour. You can buy any regular good quality flour for the cake.
- Cocoa Powder
This recipe doesn’t need a lot of cocoa powder, so it doesn’t overwhelm the other flavor. So you need to make sure to buy natural cocoa powder to avoid the dutch-proceed cocoa powder.
The Procedure for the Baking
- First of all, in a medium bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- Take cream and butter in a bowl, add sugar, and mix it until it gets light and fluffy. Now add the eggs, but remember you need to add one egg at a time and beat it until it mixes properly.
- Add some vanilla, and stir the cocoa powder into the butter mixture. Mix them properly and scrape down the bowl.
- Now you need to take a measuring cup and take the buttermilk, vinegar, and red food coloring and combine them properly. It will give the cake its authentic color.
- Now take the flour mixture and buttermilk into the mixing bowl and combine them properly.
- You need to divide the batter among three buttered 6-inch pans and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the centers are springy to the touch.
- Now you need to beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and salt together until it gets smooth and fluffy. Slowly add some sifted powdered sugar to the mixer and continue mixing until it combines. Place the cake layer on the stand and evenly spread half a cup of frosting on top. And continue with the rest of the layers. You can use the remaining frosting to coat the outside of the cake.
- Now you can decorate the cake in many ways. You can place the cup of frosting into a piping bag with a decorative tip. Pipe a decorative border on the top of the cake or as desired. Place the red velvet cake in the fridge for about 1 hour and wait until the frosting is set.
- If you make a large cake, divide the batter among two 9-inch round cake pans. The layers will be a bit thinner, so the bake time will decrease by about five minutes.
- You need to make sure to sift the dry ingredients to remove any lumps. This will help to keep the cake’s crumbs soft and light. Also, you need to be gentle while handling the layers during assembly.
You can make an Irvine Red Velvet Cake Delivery by following the above-written steps. And if you are busy but want to make your day more special, you can easily order delicious cakes online from Layer Cake Bakery.