Small and medium-sized enterprises use QuickBooks Online all over the world. Users may access QuickBooks whenever they want, from anywhere, which makes running a business much simpler. However, many users still use QuickBooks desktop, and they believe that switching from QuickBooks desktop files to Quickbooks Online is difficult and risky since data can be lost. However, this is not the case because QuickBooks Online has several benefits and the entire procedure is simple.
Steps to convert your QuickBooks desktop files to QB Online
The 7 simple procedures for how to convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online are listed below:-
Step 1: Check File Requirements
- If you have 60 days left on your membership, you can import your data into QuickBooks. If it has been longer than 60 days, try again.
- To convert to a 180-day subscription, look for a QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
- Create a new QuickBooks Online Subscription by using a new email.
- Check data.
Step 2: Prepare data
- Complete all pending payroll, bank account, inventory, and other duties.
- Update all of your data, and then convert it from the desktop version online.
- Now is an excellent moment to remove any unnecessary data.
- Take a backup of your data in the data file before converting.
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup in QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 3: Create a QuickBooks Online Account
- After finishing all data-related work, create a QuickBooks Online account and fill out all the relevant information.
- Log out of the QuickBooks Account when finished.
Step 4: Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to export the data when you log out of your new QuickBooks Online account.
- However, make sure you have downloaded the most recent update before exporting.
- Go to the Help menu and choose QuickBooks Update if not already done.
- Once finished, select Export Company File to QuickBooks Online from the Company Menu.
Step 5: ReLog-in to QuickBooks Online Account
- Enter the newly established account after selecting Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
- If you want to export your current inventory, you will be prompted.
- Before moving on, you should be aware that QuickBooks Online values inventory using the FIFO approach (first in, first out).
- If you choose to proceed, the inventory value will be adjusted starting on the specified start date using the same formula.
Read More - Using Technology To Get An Online Degree
Using QuickBooks Online is so much more practical than using the desktop version, more and more people are doing so nowadays. Hopefully, following these instructions will enable you to switch from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
You can call our QuickBooks support number and get prompt assistance from the greatest accounting specialists based in the US if you are unable to do this or if you encounter any issues while performing the procedures described above. Our QuickBooks online support team is here to assist you around the clock.