Social Networking platforms are an integral part of the digital world as it allows us to connect with individuals globally. Apart from interacting with relatives, close ones, and friends, you can also use it to post your views on a global or burning issue. Due to the huge perks offered by these social media platforms, most people across the globe are fond of social media. Many social media platforms like Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Twitter is a popular social media platform for posting your ideology or views on an issue or topic. It is a platform mainly used to create a revolution on a particular agenda or issue. One popular feature of Twitter is the Twitter Developer API. Here we will discuss some points about Twitter Developer API that will help you to understand its importance and usage in the modern world.
What is Twitter Developer API?
The complete form of API is Application Programming Interface. The central concept of API is to act as a bridge for communication between two software applications. With the assistance of the Twitter Developer API, you can quickly tweet or access sent data on Twitter without even opening the application. However, access or permissions plays a significant role in the case of Twitter Developer API. Users can only use the API with access granted by the admins.
An essential list of methods that the Twitter Developer API uses to connect between the server and the application is–
- GET Method – The Get Method of the API is used to access or get data from a particular Twitter handle or user.
- POST Method – The Post Method of the API is for posting or tweeting via the API. The best part of the POST method is that the presence of the Twitter application is not essential for tweeting via the POST method.
- PUT Method – The Put Method of the Twitter Developer API assists users in editing the existing posts on the Twitter handles.
- DELETE Method – The Delete Method of the API helps the users to delete an existing tweet from a Twitter handle.
These are the primary functions or methods used in the API for modifying, editing, updating, posting, or deleting any post or tweet on Twitter.
Essential Features of Twitter API
Some important features of Twitter API that will assist you in understanding its importance are –
- One of the essential features of Twitter API is it is based on HTTP and not on Secure Socket Layer.
- The four major components of the Twitter Developer API are Tweets, Users, Entities, and Places.
- Restrictions are an essential feature of the Twitter Developer API. The regular or daily restrictions prevent any form of abuse on the social handle or platform.
- Some essential functionalities of Twitter API include generated paging, library restrictions, etc.
Real-Life Uses of the Twitter Developer API
Many of us may be confused regarding the real-life uses of the Twitter API. Here we will discuss some real-life benefits of the Twitter Developer API. Some of the real-life services are –
Application based on Twitter DataIt is one of the practical uses of Twitter Developer API. The Twitter API can assist you in building a real-time application based on real-time data like the growth of COVID cases across the globe, real-time tweet updates from a particular handle, organization, etc.
- Website to Access and View Tweets from Particular Handles
The concept of building a website to access or view tweets from a particular Twitter handle or organization is real-life use of Twitter Developer API. It will allow the audiences and users to stay updated with the tweets, updates, and notifications of a particular handle or page.
These real-life uses of Twitter Developer API will help you engage and connect more with your audiences and clients if you are running a business or an organization.
Steps to Create and Implement a Twitter API
A brief step-by-step process of creating a Twitter API to help you to implement it for your company or business. The step-by-step procedures are –
- Start with Command Prompt
For the creation and implementation of Twitter API, the most fundamental aspect is to know the basics of Command Prompt. It will help to run the commands and functions for the various implementations of the Twitter API.
- Creation of a Twitter Developer Account
After knowing the basics and implementing Command Prompt, the next important step is creating a Twitter Developer Account. Firstly, directly sign Up for a Twitter Developer Account from the Application Management Page by providing proper credentials like website URL, name, description, etc.
- Installing Ruby and Twurl on your Device
Ruby and Twurl are necessary for the functioning and running of the various commands by the Twitter API. So, you should install Ruby and Twurl on your device for the same.
- Creation of the API Key
The API Key is a special key that will allow the users to get access to implement the various functionalities and commands of the Twitter API. You can generate the API from the management screen of your developer account.
- Authorization of your Developer Account
It is the final step for the creation of a Twitter Developer Account. Once your account is verified and authenticated by Twitter, you can fully use the Twitter API.
These are the steps that are involved in the creation of a Twitter API.
How can Twitter APIs assist you in Growing a Brand?
Engagement with the audiences and customers plays an essential role in the growth of a brand. You can significantly boost your concentration and reach more comprehensive customers and audiences by developing an application or interface powered by Twitter API.
With the assistance of Twitter API, you can build a great business on online platforms. Implementing Twitter API for engagement and attracting audiences is a popular strategy of most companies globally. However, for growing your business consistently, opting for a Twitter Developer API service provider is always advised to get assured results.
Read More – 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps For Android Phone