When comparing labrador vs golden retriever, both dog breeds are comparable in size, ranging from medium to giant in size. Labrador Retrievers are somewhat more extensive than Golden Retrievers. They are also more muscular and have a more robust and powerful build.
The Golden Retriever
- In the mid-nineteenth century, the Golden Retriever was a gun dog bred in Scotland to recover shots during shooting and hunting trips for the Scottish nobility.
- The breed initially appeared in the British show ring in 1908, and it came to the United States about the same time, according to the American Kennel Club (AKC).
The Labrador Retriever
- The Labrador Retriever is a breed that originated in Newfoundland, Canada, in the 1500s.
- Small water dogs and Newfoundlands were crossed to produce John’s Water-Dog.
- The St. John Waterdog assists fishermen in retrieving fish that have fallen off fishing hooks and dragging in fish-filled nets by diving into freezing water.
Size of Golden Retrievers and Labradors
Both dog breeds are comparable in size, ranging from medium to giant. Labrador Retrievers are somewhat more extensive than Golden Retrievers. They are also more muscular and have a more robust and powerful build.
|Size of Golden Retrievers||Size of Labrador Retriever|
|Weight: – 25-34 kg Male (55-75 lbs.) Female: 25-29 kilograms’ (55-64 lbs.)||Weight: – 25-36 kg for men (55-79 lbs.) Female: 25-32 kilograms’ (55-70 lbs.)|
|Height:- 56–61 cm for men 51–56 cm for women||Height:- 57–62 cm for men Female height: 55–60 cm|
Because they’re almost identical in size, the size difference won’t help you much.