You may have developed an extra ugly looking mole or skin and quite worried about it. You should get it diagnosed it by a qualified doctor. The specialist will check carefully the affected skin, evaluate the condition and state whether it is seborrheic keratosis or not. Accordingly, the professional will suggest eliminating the growth to examine it minutely under the microscope.
Usually, seborrheic keratosis is not found to vanish on its own. At the same time, treatment is also not essential. But if it gets irritated and bleeds or simply feels ugly looking, then you may consider Seborrheic Keratosis Removal. The doctor will prescribe how to remove the growth safely without causing any unwanted side effects.
Different treatment methods
A single or several methods can be combined together to remove this unwanted growth. You need to do research on each process and find out which one will suit your specific needs.
- Electrocautery (burning using electric current): In this procedure, your doctor is likely to numb the affected area. Then the growth will be destroyed by electrocautery method. This particular technique along can help remove the growth or be combined with scraping. The latter is mostly used to eliminate thicker growths.
- Cutterage (Scraping) or shaving affected skin surface: This procedure involves numbing the affected region first. Then scalpel blade is used to eliminate the unwanted growth. Along with cryosurgery, scraping or shaving may be used to treat flat or thinner growths.
- Freezing growth: It is generally done using liquid nitrogen also referred to as cyrotherapy. It helps to eliminate seborrheic keratoris effectively. But it might not function on thicker, raised growths. Moreover, there is always the risk of losing pigment permanently, especially on brown or black skin.
Preparing appointment with the doctor
It is quite natural for you to visit the primary care doctor to consult on Private Mole Removal. In certain cases, your doctor might refer you to a dermatologist (skin disease specialist). Since you will be having brief appointment, you need to be better prepared to ask several questions. This way, you will not miss out on the important points.
Basic questions to ask the specialist
You may ask a few basic questions concerning seborrheic keratosis. Do not hesitate. They include the following:
- Do you need to undergo certain tests to confirm its presence?
- What will your course of action?
- Are the spots likely to vanish on its own without requiring medical interference?
- What kind of treatment might result in permanent skin discoloration or scarring?
- What are the suspicious changes that you try to find in your skin?
- What will be the cost you need to bear for availing the whole treatment? Will these costs be covered under your existing medical insurance?
Getting proper treatment
It is necessary to remove unwanted growth irrespective of the place it develops. This way, you do not have to feel embarrassed when in the public. But then make sure to get appropriate treatment only from the best specialist in the domain. Do proper research so that you can enjoy the results derived without unwanted complications.