The fundamental premise of marketing and lead generation is to consistently find suitable buyers for the products or services being sold. B2C businesses usually rely on quick, mass-oriented, and instinctive selling. In contrast, B2B marketers have to patiently lay the groundwork with credible demand generation and brand-building. When it comes to marketing and selling tech products/services, the B2B sales funnel is comparatively longer and more complex. Especially across rapidly developing Asian markets like Malaysia, B2B tech companies require a razor-sharp approach to generate viable leads.
Online Lead Generation for Tech Companies
For tech companies in Malaysia, the online lead generation challenges are somewhat distinct from other B2B niches:-
- The complex nature of the tech product/service warrants detailed and consistent communication with prospects. Businesses cannot rely on cold calling or generic emails to spark interest.
- Defining the ICP (Ideal Client Profile) for tech offerings is a non-linear process. Most often, there would be multiple ICPs for the same hardware or software. For new launches, marketers often discover the right prospects en route.
- The level of research required to create content (blog posts as well as gated content) is much higher. Usually, the target audience is completely unaware of the product. Hence, the information has to be disseminated from scratch with suitable engagement tactics.
- Establishing credibility is also necessary alongside. Even if the prospects acquire a fair product understanding, convincing them to spend on it is incredibly challenging.
Best Online Lead Generation Tactics for Malaysian Tech Businesses
- Developing High UX, CTA-driven Landing Pages– Landing page optimization is a perennially important aspect of online lead generation. But for tech businesses and SaaS sellers, the landing page user experience acts as a crucial bridge between the business and the prospect. Aside from high page speed and navigational ease, the page should focus on a singular goal. Be it clicking to book a free demo or downloading a gated e-book, a strong offer and CTA are crucial.
- Creating Interactive Modules for Software Demonstration– Many complex, multi-feature tech products require in-person demonstrations. Ever since the Covid-19 pandemic, the frequency of conventional, face-to-face events has reduced. Virtual field events are instrumental in nurturing mid-funnel leads towards the end zone of conversion. High visual appeal, robust branding, and the succinctness of content are key to successful lead generation and nurturing.
- Partnering with Relevant Tech Influencers– Digital demand generation for tech start-ups in Malaysia warrants longstanding brand recognition. Customers will usually hesitate to buy complex software from new companies that they have never heard of earlier. The only credible way for businesses to foster trust is by teaming up with popular tech influencers. Be it on Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube, this will enhance the market reach and recognition in a short span.
- An Outstanding Content Strategy to Simplify Complex Concepts– What differentiates digital demand generation for tech products/services from other categories is the need for content simplification. Visitors who are unfamiliar with the offering can be roped in as leads only if they thoroughly understand the technicalities. Also, a strategic mix of gated and non-gated content is necessary. The former ensures that visitors share their contact details, while the latter will ensure that they understand the basic concepts.
- Digital Demand Generation Steered by Intent Data– Data-driven B2B marketing has gained a stronghold in the lucrative Malaysian Tech Market. Sales intelligence derived from browsing behavior and purchase history can help businesses map the buyer journey accurately. This helps in customizing offers for robust lead generation.
- Monitoring the Right Online Lead Generation Metrics– The single-largest indicator of a successful lead online lead generation campaign is the increase in website click-through rates. To monitor this efficiently, tech businesses must keep a continual tab on the organic web traffic, the traffic-to-lead rate, and the conversion rate. These metrics can also be tracked page-wise for important landing pages as well as blog posts.
In the current digital landscape, most businesses find themselves struggling for customer attention. This is more so in the case of tech companies owing to their product complexity, and wide market segments. It is therefore imperative to set realistic lead generation goals at the very outset. Constantly adapting to the fluctuating needs of their target audience, businesses should aim at educating and engaging them simultaneously. With the right mix of informative blogs, gated freebies, and product demos, businesses can transform online visitors into high-value leads.