A house extension that requires the construction of deep foundations should be considered a major project, nothing to do with a renovation.
The technical rewards are enormous and the accountability of the company quite dedicated. The house extension that will come out of the ground must be solid, its foundation waterproof, its soil drained and perfectly linked to the Utah foundation of the existing part.
The choice of a company is a key decision.
- Is a member of the APCHQ?
- Has 20 years of experience
- Is an expert in foundations of all types
- Managed more than 150 construction sites throughout San Diego
Extending your house on solid foundations: why?
You can expand your house:
- By adding a floor (attic conversion or construction of a floor)
- While digging a basement
- By making an extension such as a garage, a shed
- By building a terrace or patio type extension on piles or on a concrete slab
The home addition that provides the squarest footage of living space is one that builds on new foundations that can support multiple levels of construction.
That said, the house extension that provides the largest living area remains the one including the construction of new foundations. In this case, in fact, the space saving is possible on two, or even on three floors.
Beyond the robustness and the habitable volume acquired, the extension of a house on a foundation brings enormous added value to the house.
What price and what cost for a home extension on foundations?
Because every home is different, no expansion project is ever alike. The year of construction, the buildings, the expansion project itself imply particular and specific solutions for each project.
The price flexible quantity engaged in the foundation extension proposal are:
- Excavation work,
- pouring concrete,
- The integration of the existing structure into the new one (including the architect’s study),
- American drain installation
- Post-earthwork landscaping
These construction constraints themselves differ on physical, ecological, and legal issues.
- the study of the structural engineer.
- construction permits and authorizations from the city/hydro.
- the general logistics necessary for the construction site.
- the type of soil to be managed.
- the physical space available to machines for working (public space and neighborhood management)
Although we do not carry out work of this type, you can obtain advice from our company specializing in foundations in San Diego.
Expansion work is eligible for financial aid.
The stages of a house extension project on foundations
Your project manager will take into account and obtain the permits related to your work according to:
- building law
- City regulations
- The building code
- Work safety
- And even Hydro Quebec regulations when you work near public roads.
A lot of regulations and laws come into play in this kind of heavy work, acquiring licenses is a job in its own right.
These technical and administrative stages take part in the logistics of the work, they are the essential legal preliminaries because this type of construction cannot suffer from improvisation or amateurism.
What type of foundation is best suited for your expansion?
Extending your house, as we have seen, can technically be envisaged in different ways. It depends on the destination of the habitable volumes created, new useful spaces.
Possible types of foundations:
- Deep and semi-deep foundations
Most often adapted to house extensions, this type of foundation is the main subject of this article. They will seek their support, their stability at five / seven meters, (Up to 12 m) depending on the terrain). Driven piles can replace the footing to support the load.
These foundations are naturally the most expensive.
- Shallow foundations.
Adapted to light constructions only, poured footings are necessarily wider than the supported element. Professionals have the choice between two types
- Isolated footings which often constitute the foundations of columns
- Strip footings used to erect concrete block walls. The strip footings distribute the loads over a larger area avoiding the sinking of the construction.
To build on these foundations, the ground must be very stable, and its support layers must be located less than 1m deep.
- Special raft foundations A raft is a flat slab that covers the entire built surface (even, will be wider with its bracket) on weak soil, it constitutes the foundation repair Utah itself and does not assume very heavy built loads. the soil should have good drainage.